Bemidji State University
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Adjunct Faculty
Job Number: 2019-00016
Location: Bemidji, MN
Department: College of Business Mathematics & Science
Closing: 7/10/2019 11:59 PM Central
- CPA with Master's degree
- PhD in Accountancy
- Applicant should demonstrate experience working with diverse populations
- All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of an offer of employment.
- Official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources upon hire.
- Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization (IFO) which can be found at https://static1.squarespace.com/static/59304e9ad2b85773b3fbdf63/t/5b7cd24540ec9a4b7343b637/1534906959966/2017-2019+IFOMinnState+Contract+FINAL.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MinnState) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to MinnState's vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
- BSU and NTC are tobacco free workplaces (see policy) (Download PDF reader)
- Cover letter which addresses the applicant's qualifications and availability
- Resume/Curriculum Vita
- Unofficial Transcripts (in English) of all undergraduate and graduate coursework
- Contact information for three professional references
Teach one or more sections of Principles of Accounting I or II (ACCT 2101 or 2102), Managerial Analysis (ACCT 3117) and Cost Accounting I and II (ACCT 3301 and 3302) for Fall 2019 and possibly Spring 2020. These are a mix of traditional face to face courses on the Bemidji campus or online. Exact days of the week and times are negotiable.
APPLY ONLINE: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji
A completed application will include the following attachments:
William Graves, Chair
Bemidji State University, located amid the lakes and forests of northern Minnesota, occupies a wooded campus along the shore of Lake Bemidji. The city of Bemidji has a population of 14,000 and serves as a regional commerce and health care center for about 130,000 residents of north-central Minnesota. Bemidji State enrolls more than 5,100 students and offers more than 80 undergraduate majors and eight graduate degrees encompassing arts, sciences and select professional programs. BSU is a member of the Minnesota State system of colleges and universities and has a faculty and staff of more than 600. The university's Shared Fundamental Values include environmental stewardship, civic engagement and international and multicultural understanding. For more, visit www.bemidjistate.edu or find us at BemidjiState on most of your favorite social media networks.
Bemidji State University is nestled among the pines along the shores of Lake Bemidji, just blocks from a thriving downtown community. In this Northwoods setting, students, staff, and faculty have a variety of activities at their fingertips. Possessing all the charm and character of a college town, Bemidji remains a tight-knit community of good neighbors and engaged citizens who always come out to cheer for the Beavers. While the city of Bemidji -- named after the Ojibwe Chief Shaynowishkung (nicknamed Bemidji) -- is home to a diverse population of more than 15,000 people, it serves a regional population of more than 100,000.
Located between three American Indian reservations - Leech Lake, Red Lake and White Earth, students at Bemidji State University have the opportunity to experience a dynamic local culture and history. Bemidji also sits at the center of the legends of Paul Bunyan and Babe the Blue Ox. The famous statues of Paul and Babe greet students as they drive in from the south along Lake Bemidji.
Though quaint and historic, the city offers the urban conveniences upon which college students rely. Bemidji State is conveniently located minutes away from affordable restaurants, cozy coffee shops, grocery stores, city parks and more. Small, locally owned shops and art sculptures line the streets of downtown Bemidji, while national chains can be found in and around the Bemidji area, including an uptown selection of department stores and restaurants.
The thriving downtown community presents ample opportunities for engagement off-campus. Among other things, there are fine-dining restaurants, cafes, and a natural foods co-op in downtown Bemidji. The historic Paul Bunyan Playhouse has a calendar of classic shows; restaurants and lounges offer weekly live music performances; the First Friday Art Walk provides a tour of new monthly art exhibits; and annual events such as the Loop the Lake Festival, the Dragon Boat Festival, the Blue Ox Marathon, Bemidji Winterfest, and The Minnesota Finlandia bring the community together.
For those who love the outdoors, there are wooded, multi-use trail systems within minutes of campus and community parks with walking trails, playgrounds and a skate park. Lake Bemidji State Park and its miles of navigable trails is located directly across the lake from BSU, and the Buena Vista Ski Area -- just 12 miles north of campus -- offers downhill skiing and BSU-sponsored student transportation in the winter months. Further, the Mississippi River Headwaters is a mere 45 minutes from Bemidji.
Review a "special report on how this former lumber town has rebuilt itself as a high-speed, regional center of enterprise" at Bemidji 2.0
Bemidji State University is an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator. This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service
To apply, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/bemidji/jobs/2427120/accounting-instructor
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency