Assistant Professor - Music
Assistant Professor, Tenure-Track Music
ABOUT ADELPHI: Adelphi University, New York, is a highly awarded, nationally ranked, powerfully connected doctoral research university dedicated to transforming students' lives through small classes with world-class faculty, hands-on learning and innovative ways to support academic and career success. Adelphi offers exceptional liberal arts and sciences programs and professional training, with particular strength in our Core FourArts and Humanities, STEM and Social Sciences, the Business and Education Professions, and Health and Wellness. Recognized as a Best College by U.S. News & World Report, Adelphi is Long Island's oldest private coeducational university, serving more than 8,100 students at its beautiful main campus in Garden City, at learning hubs in Manhattan, the Hudson Valley and Suffolk County, and online. The University offers students more than 50 undergraduate majors and 70 graduate programs in the liberal arts, the sciences and professional training. With powerful partnerships throughout the New York area, more than 115,000 graduates across the country, a growing enrollment of students from 41 states and 58 countries, and rising rankings from top publications and organizations, Adelphi is a dynamic community that plays a leadership role on Long Island and in the region. JOB SUMMARY: The Department of Music at Adelphi University is in search of an Assistant Professor to coordinate the music education program; offer strong teaching in a variety of core undergraduate music education courses; and assist the department in recruiting high-quality music education majors, beginning in the Fall 2019 semester. A demonstrated commitment to working with diverse populations is preferred. School and university service is expected. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate the Music Education program (oversee all aspects of NYSED teacher licensure requirements; develop and maintain curriculum according to state standards; communicate and liaise with the School of Education; supervise students in field work and student teaching; advise majors; and coordinate music education faculty).
- Teach core music education courses.
- Contribute significantly to departmental recruitment efforts.
- Cultivate and maintain scholarly productivity.
- Earned doctorate in music education.
- Demonstrated record as an effective teacher-practitioner with a minimum of five (5) years of successful experience teaching public school music.
- Certification in one or more major methodologies such as Kodaly (preferred), Orff, or Dalcroze.
- Ability to maintain current and build new relationships with local schools for field placements and recruitment of future music education majors.
- Evidence of a productive scholarly agenda and professional activity in music education at the state/national level.
- Experience with edTPA is highly desirable.
- Successful college teaching experience and student teaching supervision is preferred.
- Applications should include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and teaching and scholarship statement.
- At least one writing sample, along with names and contact information of three references.
- To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only.
- Review of applications begins on March 1, 2019. The search will continue until the position is filled.
To apply, visit https://chm.tbe.taleo.net/chm02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=ADELPHI&cws=43&rid=2171
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency